OK so it has been decided. UCGO will be reset back to official server state, it might work out.
It will take some time to get this done, expect it to be ready some time in April or May.
Some info on the “new” server: (I’m open for suggestions)
– MS will still be faction locked.
– Skills will work the same way they currently do i.e merging ground and space engagement and the new near/far engagement skills.
– 900 skill points instead of 800.
– Engines will work the same they currently do. No slow L1/L2 engines.
– Instead of having TJ/HJ/TR/HB engines there will only be one MS/MA engine type. That way you won’t need one MS with TJ engine for ground and another with TR for space use.
– Some MS and weapons will still be free in the shop.
– Weekly salary. That way players who don’t have time to craft or hunt NPCs will still have at least some money available.
– GQ uniforms will give a larger skill boost. That way rank will have some use.
– There will be no MS/weapon stats posted on the website. I will only post a list of available MS/weapons and which materials are needed for crafting them. Hopefully this results in less arguing and fighting over which side has the best MS and balance issues.
– If you want to craft you will need to mine materials, or get materials by killing NPCs.
– Crafting skills increase much faster than before, no need for using a macro. Instead time will be spent on gathering the materials needed for crafting.
Doing this takes a considerable amount of time. So I hope at least some of the players who want this to happen will donate by Paypal.